The Finest Venison Mince & Pasta Sauce
A cut above the rest. Rich in flavour to naturally elevate your favourite Venison mince recipes!
2 tbsp olive oil
40g finely chopped streaky bacon
1 garlic clove, grated
1 small onion and 1 small carrot, grated
250g Venison mince
2 tbsp tomato puree
200ml red wine
Freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
400ml game or beef stock
200g dried and cooked tagliatelle or other favourite pasta
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves and shaved Parmesan, to serve
- Remove all packaging, put the Venison in a bowl and break it up with a fork to waken up the mince!
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the bacon and the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft.
- Turn up the heat to high, stir in the Venison, and cook for 5-6 mins, constantly breaking it up until its lightly browned and is no longer lumpy.
- Stir in the tomato puree then the red wine. Raise the heat and boil fast until the liquid disappears.
- Add some nutmeg and the herbs, season to taste. Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 45 mins (add some water if it looks too dry) until rich and thickened. Serve with the pasta, scattered with basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan.